Policies Regarding STP Grants/Awards Programs
(Approved August 2011; Revised June 2022)
- Only STP members are eligible to receive STP awards and grants.
- As committee members consider potential applicants whose contributions are having a broad impact, we strongly encourage members to review STP’s Mission Statement and the Statement on Addressing Systemic Racism and Inequity in STP and to consider colleagues from underrepresented groups who may have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- New applicants to a grant program are given priority over those who have previously received funds from that grant program.
- During their terms, EC members will be ineligible to apply for an STP grant.
- During their terms, committees members are ineligible to apply for the grant or award program for which they are members.
- Within a calendar year of receiving funds, all grant recipients need to submit a final report that details how funds were spent and briefly describes the outcomes of activities funded.
- All unused funds should be sent back to the STP Treasurer.
- Funding of indirect costs is prohibited.
- A description of the dimensions on which applications will be evaluated must be made publicly available (e.g., included in the call for applications).
- Requests for proposals must include historical funding rates. Published funding rates should include a notation that reads: “Average funding rate since tracking began in 2012”. Additionally, if applicable, a statement noting that some proposals received were partially funded.
If you have any questions regarding the grants or awards programs, please contact the Vice President for Grants and Awards