STP Early Career Travel Grant Program
STP is accepting applications for Early Career Travel Grants. Consistent with our Mission Statement and the Statement on Addressing Systemic Racism and Inequity in STP, STP encourages applications from colleagues who are from underrepresented groups and have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
This grant program provides funding to defray the costs of attending psychology teaching conferences or conferences with a significant teaching of psychology component. STP members who meet the criteria for Early Career Psychology are encouraged to apply!
We will fund approximately 20 grants, with a maximum award of $500 per grant, for conference attendance between January 1, 2024, and December 31, 2024. There are two application deadlines. The first deadline was Friday, November 3rd, 2023. The second deadline is May 3rd, 2024. Applicants will be notified of award decisions within one month of each deadline.
1. Grant recipient must be an STP member and an Early Career Psychologist. STP defines early career as a member who is within ten years of beginning teaching of psychology and who is not a student
2. Applications will be evaluated on the degree to which the applicant demonstrates that the proposed conference attendance can improve the applicant’s teaching of psychology.
3. Priority will be given to first time recipients.
4. Attendance of regional conference is encouraged (but not required).
5. Travel must occur after funding has been awarded.
The average funding rate of applicants since tracking began in 2012 is 80%. Many funded applicants have received full funding, but some proposals received were partially funded.
Additional policies regarding STP grant programs can be found here: https://teachpsych.org/members/policies.php
Tom Hutcheon (Chair), Bard College
Holleen Krogh, Mississippi University for Women
Albee Mendoza, Delaware State University
Vanessa Woods, UC Santa Barbara
Kara Sage, Capella University