Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is rising! With the implementation of a new academic strategic plan, we are seeking qualified candidates passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, and building a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University seeks a dynamic individual for the position of Assistant Professor of Psychology and Criminology. This position is in the School of Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts, one of the four schools recently implemented within the new organizational structure of Academic Affairs. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Individuals who value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred candidates for Heidelberg’s vacant positions. Additionally, we are seeking faculty who want to contribute to the University’s initiatives to improve our student recruitment, engagement, retention, success, persistence, graduation, and placement.
The Assistant Professor of Psychology and Criminology provides instruction and advising to undergraduate students. This faculty appointment includes a full-time teaching load in addition to office hours, advising, committee work, research and opportunities for continued professional development. This is a tenure-track position beginning August 2018. The Assistant Professor of Psychology and Criminology reports directly to the Chair of the Psychology and Criminology department.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
· Ph.D. or ABD in Social Psychology with a research emphasis in Criminology related issues and two-years of college-level teaching experience.
· Successful experience supervising student research projects and advising.
· Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
· Demonstrated strong commitment to student centered active learning and student engagement activities.
· Willingness to participate and engage in responsibilities, campus efforts and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus in order to be part of a community that supports education excellence and student success.
· Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
· Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
· A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
For consideration, or to obtain additional information, please visit www.heidelberg.edu/careers where the online application is available. Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, professional references, transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, and statement of research interests. Official transcripts will be required of the finalist candidate.
For consideration, complete the online application.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.