Assistant Professor of Psychology (Applied Psychology)
Department of Psychological Science
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a full-time, nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Psychology in Applied Psychology faculty position in the Department of Psychological Science that begins August 2024.
The workload distribution for this position includes expectations for teaching, research, and service. The standard teaching load is 18 credit hours per academic year (typically three classes per semester) and is negotiable. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a productive research program with the potential to compete for external funding. Departmental faculty engage in service at the department, college, and/or university level, as well as to the profession.
· Primarily teach graduate courses in the candidate's area of specialization with the possibility of also teaching undergraduate courses
· Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses in research methods and statistics, applied psychology, or other core courses in the curriculum, according to departmental needs.
· Develop and maintain a productive research program that has potential for external funding/support
· Supervise and mentor undergraduate students in collaborative and/or independent research experiences and/or facilitate graduate student's internship and/or research capstone experiences.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
· A Doctorate degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Psychology, or a related discipline, is required.
· ABD candidates will be considered, but the degree must be earned by the start date.
Preferred Qualifications Include
· Record of teaching experience and effectiveness in undergraduate and/or graduate psychology classes, preferably in applied psychology
· Experience teaching in a variety of course modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online
· Possession of Quality Matters or alternative online teaching certification
· Experience supervising undergraduate and/or graduate students in research experiences and/or internships
· Evidence of active research agenda
· Experience or potential to compete for external funding
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 264746.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, Board of Regents policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran or military status by any member of the KSU Community on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for members of the KSU community. For additional information or to file a complaint under the provisions of this policy, students, employees, applicants for employment or admission or other third parties should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at English Building, Suite 202, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by making a report at the following website: https://diversity-kennesaw-advocategme.symplicity.com/public_report/index.php/pid734945.
Close date for applications: 11/19/2023