Dear ECP Committee,
I will be attending the STP Conference in-person for the first time this year. I’ve been to ACT virtually, but I don’t know what to expect from the face-to-face format. Do you have any advice on how an ECP should spend her time?
Dear Conference Rookie,
What a timely question! The ACT program this year is fantastic, so make sure you explore the full schedule. However, here are a few activities that we would recommend for a first time ECP attendee (or any ECP!).
Socialize at the Opening Night ACT Welcome Reception
· Thursday from 5:00-6:30 pm in the Omni William Penn Hotel (Three Rivers Room on the William Penn level)
· This is a great opportunity to network with colleagues and other conference attendees. All are welcome! And if you don’t know anyone, come find us and introduce yourself!
Visit the ECP table
· Chat with your ECP committee members, sign-up to have dinner with fellow ECPs, and get some ECP swag!
· We are looking for two new ECP committee members! If you want to join the committee, feel free to stop by and ask questions!
Interact with colleagues at the Poster Session
· Friday 4:30-6:00 pm in the Sternwheeler and Riverboat rooms (William Penn Level)
· Many of your fellow ECPs will present their research at this time - a great way to meet colleagues and see some of the latest SoTL research!
· There will be prizes for exceptional ECP posters: First Prize $250, Second Prize $150, Third Prize $100 (this includes the virtual poster session, as well)
Sign-up for dinner with members of the ECP committee
· Friday from 6:30-8:30 pm at The Yard
· Learn about opportunities with the ECP committee and connect with other ECPs in a casual setting
· Appetizers for each table are on us! Space is limited (20 people), so make sure to sign up at the registration table starting Friday morning.
Attend the professional development workshop presented by your ECP committee:
· Learn It, Share It, Plan It, Bring It: Building an Innovative Teaching Toolkit for ECPs from 8:30-10:30 am in the Carnegie III room (Conference Floor)
Participate in the ECP Speed Mentoring Event
· This is completely FREE and takes place 5:30 - 7:30 pm in the Frick Room (Conference Level). Connect with mentors in the field!
· You will have the option to continue the conversation over appetizers and drinks at the ECP Social Hour afterward.
· Interested? We are still accepting registration for mentees! Register here
Join us for the ECP Social Hour
· Meet up with us for one last ECP get together at Forbe’s Tavern from 8-10pm. The ECP committee will provide appetizers, drinks, and excellent company.
Whatever ACT events you choose, we are confident you will have many opportunities for professional development and networking. We look forward to seeing you at these activities and other scheduled events. Feel free to come say hi to any of us at any time during the conference. We’d love to meet you!
Your STP Early Career Psychologists Committee
Ciara Kidder, Ph.D.
Albee Mendoza, Ph.D.
Courtney Gosnell, Ph.D.
Janet Peters, Ph.D.
Amanda Woodward, Ph.D.