Get Involved in STP!
If you’re an STP member interested in becoming more involved in STP activities then you’ve come to the right place. STP is committed to providing opportunities to as many of its members as possible to participate in STP initiatives. Whenever there’s a committee, taskforce, or working group vacancy, this will be one of the places where the vacancy is announced. In the meantime, here’s a partial list of executive committee members and their areas of responsibilities. If you click on each name, you’ll be directed to that person’s email address. Even if there is no current vacancy, you should feel free to contact one or more of these individuals to express your interest in serving on a specific committee.
If you’re a nonmember visitor to this site and are interested in getting involved with STP, then by all means return to the homepage and submit your membership application online. We welcome anyone interested in the teaching of psychology.
Current Service Opportunities
- STP seeks a new Director for Regional Programming. This is a three-year term (2015-2017), with training in 2014. The duties of position include: (a) support teaching of psychology-related programming at the 7 primary regional psychology conferences (e.g., Western Psychological Association); (b) assist STP regional coordinators; and (c) over the course of the three-year term, travel to each of the 7 regional psychology conferences (travel fully funded).
- 1. Must be an STP Member.
- 2. Willing to travel to all regionals within a 3-year period.
- 3. Preferably attend one of the regional psychology conferences on a regular basis.
Nominations and self-nominations are welcome.
If interested, or if you have questions, please contact Aaron Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is March 15th, 2014.
Please complete the application below and email it to Aaron S. Richmond by March 15th, 2014.
- 1. Name_______________________________
- 2. Email ____________________________________
- 3. Affiliation/state_____________________________
- 4. Please list, if any, your involvement with STP.
- 5. Please describe why you are interested in this position.
- STP seeks an assistant editor for the Teaching of Psychology Idea eXchange (ToPIX) to compile and maintain resources related to the APA Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major 2.0. If interested, please send a current CV and a letter of interest to Sue Frantz, Vice President for Resources, at email@example.com. Deadline: March 21st, 2014.
- Applications are now being accepted for a new OTRP assistant directorship position (term: 2014-Dec. 31, 2016). The person in this position will lead a small ad-hoc committee to tag all of STP’s content as Delicious bookmarks, tagging each resource with the appropriate tags and providing a short description in Delicious. (See https://delicious.com/ ) We anticipate that users will be able to click on a tag and link to content from various segments of the website (Project Syllabus, ToPIX, Teaching Resources, etc.) that share that tag. By July 1, the leader will pick committee members after consulting with current editors/directors who have responsibility for segments of STP’s on-line content, develop the appropriate tags, and supervise the actual tagging effort. Target date for completion of tagging current content is Dec 31, 2014; thereafter, all new content tagging is under the supervision of this position.” To apply for the position, please send a letter expressing interest, highlighting experience with Delicious or similar products, and a CV to OTRP Director, Ruth Ault, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for submission of your materials is May 15th, 2014.
Sue Frantz (email@example.com), Vice President for Resources
- Office of Teaching Resources in Psychology (OTRP), Project Syllabus, Department Consulting Service, Professional Development Committee, Teaching of Psychology, E-books, Internet, e-Xcellence in Teaching
- Best Practices Conference, E-Workshops, Regional Conference Programming, STP Program at APA, STP Program at APS, G. Stanley Hall Lectures, STP Program at SPSP, NITOP Coordinator, SoTL Writing Workshop Coordinator, Master Teacher Speaker’s Program
Diane Finley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice President for Recruitment, Retention, and Public Relations
Beth Schwartz (email@example.com), Vice President for Recognitions and Awards
- Fellows Committee, Teaching Awards Committee, Small Partnerships Grants, Early Career Psychologists Travel Grants, Instructional Resource Awards, SoTL Awards Committee
Susan Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice President for Diversity and International Relations
- Diversity Committee, International Relations Committee